Friday 13 January 2012

Head's Blot 13th January 2012

13th January 2012

Dear Parents

I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas break and I wish you every good fortune for 2012.

The process to select and appoint my successor is well underway. I spent most of yesterday, along with other colleagues, briefing TES Prime Recruitment Consultant Mike Abraham who is assisting us in our search for my successor. Advertisements for the post will appear in the national press in the very near future. I have been very touched by all the support I have received from parents and thank you for your kind words. Of course, I will ensure that the School is in very good order for my successor and will work tirelessly to ensure a very smooth transition.

As ever, the term has got off to a flying start; Sixth Form students are focussed on their A level modules and Upper 5 are sitting their mock GCSE examinations. I wish them well today with the ‘real’ GCSE ICT examination. I know the girls have been working hard over the Christmas break. We were inspected, unexpectedly, yesterday by a representative from JCQ, the Joint Council for Qualifications who monitor the conduct of all examinations boards, and we passed with flying colours! I am grateful to Mrs Brennan for her meticulous leadership of this aspect of school life.

I am delighted to welcome Miss Sarah Lavery to the Prep School as one of our Learning Assistants. I know she will enjoy every minute of work with us.

Congratulations to girls who were entered for the recent ABRSM music examination and LAMDA examinations – most impressive results that we will celebrate in assembly soon.

Our Entrance Examination Seminar was held on Tuesday evening and we had a very full attendance. The evening informs prospective families about the imminent Entrance Examination and how best to prepare. We had very positive feedback and look forward to the Entrance Examination on Wednesday 18th January.

May I remind you that all School policies are available for parents on our School Website, or alternatively you may obtain a hard copy from the School Office.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Y Wilkinson
Headmistress